Blue Screen - 0x00000076 Process_Has_Locked_Pages

original title: Blue Screen of Death Problem - 0x00000076 Process_Has_Locked_Pages

Alright, I'm having an issue with Windows 7 where when I'm using a program I get the blue screen Process_Has_Locked_Pages. I believe it's where the program is locking memory and doesn't unlock it when it terminates or tries unlocking memory that is already unlocked.

I pretty much know what's causing it but I need to WHY and HOW to fix it. I'm using a Black Magic Intensity Professional HD Capture Card. The program I'm running with it is the one that the company provides. It's Media Express 2.3. Basically what happens is I'll open the program and use it like normal. I leave it open (as I have dual monitors) on my second screen at the end of the day and come back the next day and try capturing again. This time, nothing appears on screen. I close the program in an attempt to restart it and receive the BSoD error. Rinse and repeat.

I contacted Black Magic support and they said that they have never gotten a report like this before (and their support isn't bad at all. actually AMERICANS). I tried adding the registry key to track the driver but it didn't actually track it. It caused an endless loop of BSoDs. I had to go into safe mode to remove it.

At the time, i was using the 2nd most recent version of the program/driver. I updated it and it still caused the same problems.

Here's the most recent minidump from the last BSoD. Please check it for me.

http://cid-19cb5ba5ee594c17.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/020811-23212-01.dmp

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2018 Views 1,521 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Since you know what's causing the issue it pretty much sums up that something is wrong with THAT program.

See if this article helps:

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Also, let's wait for the minidump experts to have a look at your dump files and diagnose the problem accordingly.

iRip!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.