Blanks in Apps & Features; Can't repair from store, error codes

Hi All,

I have a number of apps that are listed under Apps & Features that are not working. Among them are Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, Picsart, and 9 zip.  The icons next to the program names are just gray boxes.  If I attempt to uninstall, I receive error code 0x8000000e.  If I go to the Windows/Microsoft Store, and I go to the software title, it says "this app encountered a problem. Please reinstall it to repair".  If I select reinstall, it fails. It downloads a small amount in the KB range, says "checking product files" and then gives error 0x8007000B.  

These programs have previously worked.  The most recent change I've made to the computer is to upgrade to a larger sd card (it's an asus t100 transformer). Perhaps these prograrms were inadvertently installed to the sd card, but I'm not sure.  I copied the contents of the old card to the new card.  Everything else seems to be working fine except for these programs.  I would swap the old card back in to test, but it's already been re-purposed to an android tablet.  

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system files because iof the SD change.

Are you done putting the SD card back to test if the issue will remain or not? If yes, what was the result?

Have you tried running the Windows Apps troubleshooter? If not yet, you can check this link to be able to run the troubleshooter.

To make sure that you're not experiencing an account specific issue, kindly create another administrator account and observe if the issue will still be present.

You can also consider running the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• System File Checker
    The System File Checker or SFC is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.
  • DISM or  System Update Readiness tool
    The DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management can help you fix some Windows corruption errors as well

Let us know if the issue persists after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your response. 

Per my original post, the original sd card has already been repurposed to a tablet, although I still have a copy of the contents stored to a hard drive and another sd card.

System File Checker has been run remotely by tech support. No errors. 

DISM has been run by tech support. No errors.

The Windows 10 installation has been "reset" using the install version that retains files.

A new administrator account has been installed. The new account is not able to download the files either.

There has been one effective change due to assistance from technical support.  

Trying to click on the game from the file list yields the following message:  "Minecraft can't run because the app is offline.  The storage may be missing or disconnected. (See in Store)."   See-in-store takes me to the store where the selection under the game title says "update".  When I click update, it cycles through "starting download" to "installing" then the update icon appears again.  

Is there some way to clean Minecraft entries from the registry or to get a local copy of the installation file to attempt a clean install?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Change your default save location for new apps to your local drive instead and check if it will make a difference. You also mentioned that all the contents from the old SD card have been copied to another SD card. Insert this SD card and check if these apps will work. If that will not do the trick, check in Control Panel > Uninstall a program. If you can see these apps, try to uninstall it from there.

Please advise as necessary.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2021 Views 736 Applies to: