Blank (white) screen threads

I had the same problem as stated by a few other users and tried to find a solution through Microsoft answers. Unfortunately, none of the replies from the "experts" addressed the actual problem, therefore, their suggestions were way off base. The white screen does not occur during boot-up, nor does it have anything to do with boot-up, therefore all the suggestions about changing the boot process is useless. The white screen appears well after Windows has been running, in fact it seemed to happen randomly while using other programs. I agree that although it was a problem to have the entire screen blocked out by this totally white screen, even unable to view the toolbar, it was easily fixed by using the Task Manager, clicking on the 'BLANK WHITE PAGE" and ending the process, when Windows Vista was updated, that option was completely removed from the Task Manager's list of processes making it impossible to end the dreaded "BLANK WHITE PAGE". After much research and trial and error, I found the solution to the problem. The screen would appear whenever I was using a program that utilized the internet program I used, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer... didn't matter which one. I then realized the problem was with another program I was using for my internet mail... Incredimail had incompatibility problems with Vista. Once I went to Incredimail website, downloaded their update and installed it... PRESTO! Problem resolved. Sure wish someone there would have come up with that solution, as it would have saved me many frustrated hours.
Hope this helps others who might be having the same blank white screen problems.... if you're not using Incredimail, check other programs that might conflict with Vista.
Hello LadyPCPro,

Thank you for your helpful information.  I will change this to a discussion type thread since you have proposed a way to fix an issue instead of asking a question.  The fix for this problem would have been hard to diagnose for those who don't use Incredimail.

Thank you once again and Happy computing.
Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem.  Whether in Windows or on the net I still get a blank white screen after a few minutes.  I have followed other forum advice and uninstalled Incredimail, Magnetic.  I have run various scans including cmfconfig, etc.  Although I am the Administrator of my own laptop I cannot get access to view C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

I have uninstalled Reg Clean from my computer which I had downloaded unsuccessfully earlier today.  I have changed the screen saver.  I lose everything on the screen except bottom left corner where it says Done.  I can only get back into my screen by Alt+Ctrl+Del to Task Master and then the Start button and other icons appear at the bottom of my screen.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much for this information. I was to the point that I almost wanted to chunck my computer. Then I read your entry and knew that somebody upstairs must really like me. I uninstalled Incredimail and now I don't get that annoying white screen anymore. It was getting to the point that control+ALT+delete would not work anymore. It did at first, then the task menu no longer even recognized it. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!! Tammy :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too was having issues with the white screen.  It seemed only to happen after a windows update automatically installed.  The 1st time it happened, I searched everywhere for an answer and could not find anything.  I simply left the laptop off for a few days, and used another machine.  After I turned it back on to try and fix the problem, the white screen magically stopped coming on.  Then, a couple of days ago, windows updated again and the same problem was back.  After reading the above info, relating to incredimail, I uninstalled the program and now all is well.  This only seems to happen to my newest laptop, as I also have Vista and Incredimail on another laptop and have had no problems with it at all!  Go figure!!!!!  Oh well, thanks for the advice above, I would never have thought that incredimail was the problem. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My own blank white screen completely filled the page on startup, I don't know why. First time I had to use an external monitor to connect to the computer and fiddle with the 'projector' settings, even though I don't normally touch the projector/display options.

Maybe there was dust or something that got into the monitor connection holes that messed it up, as the last one I had I couldn't do anything to fix with the external monitor attached, until I pushed the cable itself in as far in as it would go and pulled it out, then my laptops personal monitor started working normally again. So weird.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2022 Views 9,613 Applies to: