Blank white screen in Mail and no way to add account

I have a new computer with Win 8.  I opened a Microsoft account using a verizon.net email address.  This email account is POP.  Then I clicked on the Mail tile on the Start screen and got a message about POP accounts not being supported by Mail.  !$#@%^^@!  I couldn't see where to add a non-POP account, like gmail.com.  To make matters worse, I hit the Esc key, out of habit, when I was on the screen saying Mail won't do POP, and the screen turned blank white.  I have rebooted, clicked on Mail in the Start screen, and all I get is white.  Can anyone help me to 1) get rid of the white screen and 2) add a non-POP account?  Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2020 Views 1,464 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I have a new computer with Win 8.  I opened a Microsoft account using a verizon.net email address.  This email account is POP.  Then I clicked on the Mail tile on the Start screen and got a message about POP accounts not being supported by Mail.  !$#@%^^@!  I couldn't see where to add a non-POP account, like gmail.com.  To make matters worse, I hit the Esc key, out of habit, when I was on the screen saying Mail won't do POP, and the screen turned blank white.  I have rebooted, clicked on Mail in the Start screen, and all I get is white.  Can anyone help me to 1) get rid of the white screen and 2) add a non-POP account?  Thank you.

Hi

When you start the Mail App, press the WinKey+I to display the Settings and select Accounts / Add an account.

Select the type of account you wish to add and follow the instructions.

More information;

Using email accounts over POP on Windows 8 and Windows RT:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/pop-email-accounts

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.