Blank Screen on HP Envy M6-installed Windows 10 a few months ago

Hello,

My screen on my HP Envy m6 has gone blank and I'm not sure of the cause. I downloaded Windows 10 a few months ago but I'm not sure if that's the cause. I checked HP's website but they only have troubleshooting for Windows 8 (for my specific laptop). I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and if anyone could shed some light on it. When I plug it into an external monitor, it works on the other monitor. It's not always blank, sometimes it has lines in it or one side is black and the other side will be white. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

To better assist you with the issue, kindly answer the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried performing a hard reset on your Computer?
2. Have you tried connecting an external monitor to test the display?

We'll be waiting for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jenicel,

1. I was worried about doing a "hard reset" b/c this is what HP's website said: "A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer's memory, which may restore functionality."

Will this erase all of my pictures and documents stored on my computer?

I did take the battery out and let it sit for a while but I didn't "Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory." Again, I was worried that I would lose all of my documents. 

2. Yes, I did connect it to an external monitor and it works on the external monitor. I tried to go to HP's website and "install the latest graphics and chipset drivers for [my] specific computer" but there weren't any drivers that listed Windows 10. 

Thank you so much for helping me,

Kelly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer's memory, which may restore functionality. Resetting your computer forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware. Performing a hard reset might resolve the issue that you are experiencing on your computer. It would be better if you have a backup of your files before performing a hard reset.

You may also follow suggested solution from this link:
Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2023 Views 441 Applies to: