Black screen after login to my account.

Original Title: black(blank) screen.

Hi

I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got a black (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internet and some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Answer
Answer

Hi

I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got a black (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internet and some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Hi Kumar,

Please try the following troubleshooting:

1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del

2) Do a left click on the power option at the bottom right of the screen

3) Press and hold down the 'Shift' Key and do a left click on Restart, you should be seeing 'Please Wait'

4) Click on Troubleshoot=> Advance Options=> StartUp Settings=> Restart

5) Post Restart the same Blue Screen will appear with a list options, once have that screen in front of you, push the 'Number 5' on your Keyboard, in a couple of seconds you should be in 'Safe Mode with Networking'

6) Go to Control Panel=> Programs and Features, scroll down and look for "Search Protect"..

7) Uninstall "Search Protect" and then perform a Clean Boot

8) After you have performed a Clean Boot, you should be able to boot to the desktop...

I Hope it Helps...Please revert for any further questions...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

just got my apps up and running. After logging on black screen appears with curser only so you need to do the following.

1..........press  ctrl + alt + del

2..........click on task manager

3..........in task manager click on file drop box opens

4..........then click on new task when it opens

5..........type in   msconfig    in the open box

6..........click ok and system configuration box comes up

7..........click on tools a list opens

8..........click on restore reset to earlier date ( bottom of the list ) a box opens restore to this date, but

9..........you need to click on choose earlier date select the earliest date available

and that's it worked for me none of the fixes worked I tried most of them and got more and more frustrated

hope this works for you

steve  

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 3,670 Applies to: