BitTorrent/File Explorer will not open.

Original title: BitTorrent/File Explorer

I recently got my computer, and it has Windows 8. Well, File Explorer will not open, I click it and it'll 'open', and Task Manager says it's open, but the screen itself wont show up. However, if I hover my mouse over the icon when it's 'open', it'll show it. If I move my mouse towards the square thing where it shows the screen, it doesn't show it at all in my background or desktop.

This is the same with UTorrent, and BitTorrent.
One of the many reasons why I hate Windows 8, I never had this problem with 7, Vista, XP, etc.
SOMEONE HELP PLS TY

Hi Jesse,

1. When you say click it and it'll 'open', are you referring to opening it from Taskbar itself?

2. When you say “hover my mouse towards the square thing where it shows the screen”, which square thing are you referring to?

It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot of the issue here, so that we can assist you further to fix the issue.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It appears I can't screenshot this.
Well in Windows 8, down on the taskbar it'll show the app is open. When I go to click on the app (and it is showing it is on, Task Manager even shows this.), nothing happens. But now you can hover my mouse over the app, such as Google Chrome and it'll show the screen without me clicking on it.
Same with everything else, but the problem is I can 'see' File Explorer, but when I go to click on the app it doesn't pop up.

I'm sorry I'm not as detailed as I wish I could be, but I have difficulty explaining things and since I can't take a screenshot of it and the thing not disappear, it just makes it that much harder.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jesse,

Are you able to open File Explorer when you open running teh command explorer.exe from Run?

Since the issue persists only with File Explorer, you may also try to unpin and re-pin it to the Task Bar and check.

You may right click on the File explorer icon on Taskbar and select Unpin from taskbar

You may refer to the article to re-pin it to Taskbar:

Pin a program to the taskbar

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have done that, but still, it doesn't work, I can't even open computer now to see my program files.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the updates.

1. What happens when you try to open computer to see my program files?

2. Do you receive any error codes or messages?

3. Are you able to access other folders other than Program files?

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Literally nothing happens, the icon on the taskbar says it's open but I go to click on it and nothing shows up..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jesse,

Step 1:

Perform the steps provided in the article to boot in safe mode and check for the issue.
Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Note: You need to uncheck the safe mode option by performing the above steps to boot in normal startup.

Step2:

If the issue doesn’t occur in safe mode, you may try performing a clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note: After you have finished the troubleshooting, try the steps provided in the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to boot the system in normal start up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Original title: BitTorrent/File Explorer

I recently got my computer, and it has Windows 8. Well, File Explorer will not open, I click it and it'll 'open', and Task Manager says it's open, but the screen itself wont show up. However, if I hover my mouse over the icon when it's 'open', it'll show it. If I move my mouse towards the square thing where it shows the screen, it doesn't show it at all in my background or desktop.

This is the same with UTorrent, and BitTorrent.
One of the many reasons why I hate Windows 8, I never had this problem with 7, Vista, XP, etc.
SOMEONE HELP PLS TY

I had this problem as well. And none of the other ways solved it. What I did was this:

How to bring up a screen when you hover over it and it doesn't 'open'.

Click on the program to open. Hover mouse over the little box that shows it being open.
Right click in the little box and go to maximize and click on it.

It's far easier than having to reboot your computer or follow a bazillion steps. :)

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2022 Views 7,497 Applies to: