Battery won't charge past 60% when plugged in, even when not in use

I have noticed for about a week now that my Asus VivoBook is not charging past 60% when it is plugged in. For a day or two I thought it was odd and also that it could be a coincidence, but  then the next time I went to use it, noticed that it hadn't gone past 60% since the last time it had been plugged in. I tried to run a troubleshooting with the help assistant but it only seemed to have suggestions for a Surface. I cannot figure out what must be set to "on" somewhere and have no idea how to figure it out. 
Hi DevonKroschel.

My name is Daniela, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I hope you are very well.

First check that the battery drivers do not have a yellow symbol on one side, also make sure that the charger works correctly, if the charger is the original much better, since chargers that are not the original of the devices sometimes faulty, another option is that the battery is being damaged. When you disconnect the charger from the device. Does the battery last long enough?

Have a wonderful day.

Best regards.
Daniela.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Daniela, 

Thank you for your reply and suggestions!! 

The battery drivers do not have any indications on them and the charger is the one that came with the computer. When I got the laptop a little over a month ago, it would charge quickly and then seemed like it would need to be charged again about 5-6 hours later?? BUT I am also a college student and so would be attending lectures via Zoom and/or watching pre-recorded PowerPoint lectures for several hours every day, so I did not think much of it. I will say that I do think I have started to notice how it has seemed to start to go through battery faster lately but could that also be a little bit of a mind game, in a way, since it is not a full charge to begin with?? Or not so much??

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From what you mention it seems to be the device's battery problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2020 Views 7 Applies to: