Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Hi all

I am facing a commonly reported problem battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

I have been searching on internet and I already have performed these but the problem persist:

1. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
  2. Remove the battery, press Power button for 1 min
  3. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.
  4. Uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and the two instances of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from Device Manager
  5. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
  6. Put the battery back, plug in your laptop.
  7. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.

I checked pins on battery, no bent pins

Using "HP Support Assistance" application I verified the battery is OK.

Any suggestion how to effectively fix this problem? (My battery is already at 2%)

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2020 Views 6,946 Applies to:
Hi RafaelRodriguez
I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

1. Troubleshoot Power
Type troubleshoot in Cortana Search > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down > Click Power > Run the troubleshooter > Follow on-screen direction.

2. Restore Default for Power Settings
Windows Key+I > System > Power & sleep > Click Additional power settings to open Power options > Click Change Plan Settings > Click Restore default settings for this plan

3. Disable Fast Startup
Reach to Power options as in previous step > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable > Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup > Click Save changes

4. As a last resort, you should perform a Windows 10 repair upgrade (This is not an install of Windows). Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications and settings. (You will not lose any data while backup is a good idea) Below is a good guide to perform repair upgrade

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best regards
Vijay Verma

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi all

I managed to solve my problem following instructions given on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3BX1-zXD5M

Because my PC had only 2% battery, the variation I did was I never unplug power cable before disable drivers. After disabling drivers, I turn off my PC, unplug power cable and pressed power-on button for 30 sec. Then I connected the power cable, powered-on PC, and enabled drivers.

Now my problem is solved.

I hope this will be helpfull for someone.

Regards

Rafael

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.