Background disappearing on Windows 7?

Hello, I was on my new PC today, and it was working fine. However, once restarting it, I knew I needed to activate it still, but it changes my background to solid black. When I change it back, it stays, then about 30 minutes to an hour later, it goes back to black. Please help.

In Regards,

Grizzly

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2019 Views 50 Applies to:

Hello,

First of all, confirm that your Windows 7 is activated. If it is not and you need help on activation, let us know.

If your Windows 7 is already activated, try updating your display driver to latest one.

If issue still persists, refer to Sathish S V's reply here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/desktop-background-image-replaced-with-solid-black/e6aacb4d-b2bd-4ea2-96da-9b47e6f7b7d3

Let me know if you need further help on this!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK, there's one huge issue with all of this... Why do you have to activate Windows just for a background??? I have had plenty of PCs without activation and my background just stayed fine. Is this possibly just a Windows bug? Thanks for helping!

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not a bug - it's a feature/symptom of an unactivated/unauthentic installation.

The reply from Sathish S V will not help with the problem of a not genuine/unactivated installation.

Microsoft says:

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Why in the world do you have to pay to use a background though? I can't even get a key right now... Next thing I know, I'll have to activate Windows just to use Windows Explorer..

Sorry this didn't help.

We can let the Microsoft MVP answer that - I am just a volunteer here with no credentials.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, there's one huge issue with all of this... Why do you have to activate Windows just for a background??? I have had plenty of PCs without activation and my background just stayed fine. Is this possibly just a Windows bug? Thanks for helping!

Note that you're not allowed to use Windows without activation. If you don't activate, it obvious that personalization options would not be working. Windows is created within lots of time and countless efforts made by different hard working and passionate engineers. For correct evaluation of their work, Microsoft wants you to buy a genuine license. If you've not installed a genuine license on any of your systems, it is against Microsoft‘s terms and you might be a victim of counterfeit software.

Thanks for your understanding!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Sorry this didn't help.