Back up and restore Windows 10

Hello there, 

I thought it would be best to back up my Windows 10 files on a memory stick.  Periodically, I keep getting a pop up message that says install a device larger than 1 GB.  The stick I have has 32GB; which is new.  And then I'm noticing that the files saving are just the same repeat files ie: C Drive, Media Files, etc.  And this has been going on for a few hours.  My laptop is not quite a year old and I don't have that much information on it.  But I do have a restore memory stick when I first setup my laptop which was advised by the tech. 

My question is should I stop the backup or let it continue?

Thank you and stay well!

Sincerely. 

Denise Bowens 

Answer
Answer
Hi Denise,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about backup settings.

Windows 10 would really create a new backup file depending on the settings that you set on it (daily, every hour, every 30 minutes). It will also keep those backup files on your storage depending again on your settings (forever, every month, or until space is needed). Creating a backup is actually a good practice but you would need to have a bigger space for it depending on the things that you are backing up, how often you will create a backup file, and for how long you would like to keep those backup files. You can access the backup options on Settings > Update & Security > Backup > Click on More Options.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2020 Views 25 Applies to: