Avast Antivirus corrupted my Windows 10

I recently Upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Activated to Windows 10 processional 64bit.It would prefer to call it A fresh Installation than A upgrade as I completely formatted my C drive.After Installing Windows 10 I installed my Internet Drivers and Before Installing my Grafics Card Drivers I thought of installing Antivirus.But unfortunately my Desktop's Wifi was not working properly I haven't found anything wrong with the Wifi but still it was not working.So Installed my My Avast Antivirus which was previously installed in my D internal Drive which I used in my windows 7 ultimate 32bit But after installing the Antivirus It corrupted my Windows 10 completely Though I was Using Windows 10 professional 's latest version and it was 100% genuine and the Antivirus is also 100% genuine.I once again Installed windows 10 professional but this time without installing Antivirus.My Pc was working Fine this time and also the wifi was causing that same problem but after a restart it Worked fine.Now May I know why this happened with me

3rd party AntiVirus applications are more like a virus. They attach themselves to your OS in very deep ways and can cause problems when they get things wrong or things change and they get it wrong. If you use one, just expect more problems. Its more software with more bugs so there will be more problems.

There's also other problems that you probably don't even realize though such as SSD controllers losing data on power outage (or for other reasons up to the controller programmers) for example. Some do better, some corrupt the OS. Depends on the manufacturer.

Its a pain but its the state of computers today. Every year it will get worse and more complex. Computers need to go back and start from scratch at this point in my opinion. But, they will keep making it worse and adding to the complexity instead.

But, your use of a 3rd party AntiVirus is attached to your needs. If you need something more than Windows Defender, you will have the cons that come with it.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Samprit,
My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

How did you purchase Windows 10 license? Please note, there is no free upgrade now, it was ended in 2016.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for Helping me Sir,I activated my Windows with the original product key but i still wonder what if i install pirated version of windows 10 in other Desktop and then activate it illegally and then install Avast Antivirus then what will happen will it corrupt Windows 10?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a lot for helping me sir I completely agree with your opinion sir But i still wonder how some people use 3rd party Antivirus even they purchase their license and use them without any problem?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm very sorry but it is not possible to discuss illegal Windows installations according this forum rules and violators may be banned.
Please note, End-User License Agreement stated: Successful activation does not confirm that the software is genuine or properly licensed.
So please buy a license.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This response has been automatically translated. As a result, there may be grammatical errors or strange wording.

Thanks for Helping me Sir,I activated my Windows with the original product key but i still wonder what if i install pirated version of windows 10 in other Desktop and then activate it illegally and then install Avast Antivirus then what will happen will it corrupt Windows 10?

Hi SampritHazra

Things that will get you immediately banned from this forum:

• Pirating Microsoft software or products...

• Specifically violating Microsoft licensing or terms...

Further discussion of your illegal activities will lead to the immediate blocking of your profile.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for advising me.By the way I am not using any kind of pirated windows,I am using 100% genuine windows 10 with the original product key even all my windows version are original which are purchased from Microsoft only due to my Curiosity I asked that Question.Now after buying a copy Windows 10 from Microsoft In India Cost me around 16,515 rupees so I have the right to ask.Though I am not supporting any kind of Piracy.I just want to know the consequences of that.Still If it's violating the rules then I have nothing to say and I am closing this Discussion.Anyway thank you sir

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 875 Applies to: