Available Wireless Networks list only shows on Windows 10 User logon screen, not after Desktop loads (from task bar network icon)

This is not the VPN problem as there is no such software installed. This is a clean Windows 10 refresh after hours of research and trying different solutions. The complete list of available networks only appears on the User login screen. Clicking the wireless icon displays all available wireless access points in my area. But, after logging in, I click on the wireless network icon in the task bar, and the list is empty - not a single access point. I can setup a wireless connection if I know the wireless network ID and Passcode, but when out in the wild, this isn't practical. I have yet to do a complete reload of Windows 10. I would hope this problem could be solved without doing that. A system "refresh" failed to fix the problem. There's very little 3rd party software on this Lenovo G70 except Lenovo's. I've pulled and installed the most recent wireless card drivers from the Lenovo website. I've tried turning off anything that looked like it might be related to a VPN (as reported fom similar threads on this issue - and usually after an upgrade to Windows 10 - that is not the case here - this laptop came with Windows 10 installed). The current OS build - 15063.632

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to faulty or out-of-date drivers. We suggest that you go through the troubleshooting found in this support article on how to fix network connection issues in Windows 10. If the issue persists after doing so, performing the troubleshooting will at least help us to isolate the issue so please update us on the outcome.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did go to the manufacturers sight and installed the latest drivers (which turned out to already be installed, but I uninstalled the wireless device, cold booted the system, and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers. It didn't help. Clearly, it's not the drivers to the card since the login screen shows the wireless access points. It's something within Windows 10 user mode that's killing the list. At least that's the conclusion I've arrived at. If you read all of my OP and look at the screenshots, what else could it be? Now you see them, login, now you don't.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the drivers are up-to-date, it could be that the user account that you log into is corrupted. To verify this, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tools to check for missing or corrupted system files. It will also help if you create a new user to further isolate the issue. Below are support articles to help you out.

Let us know how it turns out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2023 Views 1,298 Applies to: