Automatic brightness adjustment after most recent update? (not seeing auto-brightness related option in Settings or Control Panel)

I tried going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings and expanding the Display drop down located there. There's no option for auto-brightness or anything, just an option for how long to wait before turning the display off.

I also haven't been able to find any auto-brightness related settings in the Display category of Settings. I also searched using the search bar of Settings for "brightness" and didn't find anything.

Yet my computer is automatically adjusting brightness, I believe based off what's currently displayed on my screen or something. This only started happening after this most recent update. Anyone know how to disable this?

Hi TesFO,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

The automatic brightness option in the Control Panel is not available as in Windows 7 for example, check if you have the option available by following these steps, if you do not have the option >> Change brightness automatically when the lighting changes, maybe your computer It does not have a light sensor and therefore does not have the automatic brightness function.

Windows + I >> Settings >> System >> Display >> Change brightness automatically when the lighting changes >> Off

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402694...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day
Best Regards,
Charles.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response! The Change brightness automatically when the lighting changes option is not there. Here's what my Display Settings panel looks like:

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I understand that not all PCs have the option of automatic brightness available, in that case the options we have for regulate is the screen slider or the option in the Control Panel.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

But my screen's brightness is still automatically being adjusted.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Start Windows in safe mode and verify if the behavior is maintained, or if you notice a difference, I add the link so you can execute it, know the purpose and what this process means

Section >> From the sign-in screen
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/...

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 17, 2022 Views 566 Applies to: