Audio/Video stuttering during all media playback

Hi guys!

I’ve got a problem that seems to be haunting a lot of other people. I’ve been searching for the answer for days, but all I found was unsolved threads.

When I’m watching or listening to media stored on my hard drive, playing games my computer handles, streaming from youtube or listening to music through spotify, my sound/video stutters for a few seconds before it goes back to normal. It happens every minute and it’s impossible to enjoy a good movie or listening to good music.

I’ve got a new Acer Aspire v3-771G three weeks ago and it’s weird that it should act like that.

I’ve tried to update any drivers I think could have caused the problem (Nvidia, acer’s recommended updates on acer.com). I’m not a computer-know-it-all so I’ve most likely missed the cause of the problem.

My computer got:

Windows 8 64-bit Edition

GeForce GT 630M

Intel Core i3, 3110M / 2.4 GHz

8 GB Ram

I can’t think the network must be a problem or the start up processes.

If you need any more info about the computer I’ll watch this space.

Thanks for you help in advance. Sorry if the English is bad.

X

Lusie

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft community forums!

This can be really frustrating for you and I appreciate the efforts that you have put in. Let us work together as a team and try to get this issue fixed.

1. Do you receive any error message on the computer?
2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

To get the issue fixed, you may try the troubleshooting steps:

Method 1:
You may uninstall and reinstall the audio and video drivers from Device Manager and check,

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the Audio Inputs and Outputs and video click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Download the latest Audio and video drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

Refer to the link to download the drivers

What if a device isn't installed properly?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Method 2:
Perform a clean boot and check if the issue caused due to ant third party software.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: After trouble shooting put the computer to start as usual by performing step 3 from the above Knowledge Base article.

If you need further assistance with this issue or any other issues related to Windows Operating System, keep us posted. We will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don’t get any error messages when the stuttering occurs. The only changes I applied were installing the audio file.

When I’m uninstalling the audio and video inputs/outputs my computer asks me to restart the computer. When I do so, the audio/video are still there like it wasn’t uninstalled. I did install the audio file but nothing seem to change and the problem is still there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You may perform system restore.

How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC

Note: Refer to the section “To restore your PC using System Restore”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Refer to the link

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2022 Views 1,651 Applies to: