Audio Services Not Responding - Windows 11

I don't have any sound through the speakers or headphones of my HP laptop. Running the Windows troubleshooter came up with the following message - "Audio Services Not Responding" , "Restart Audio Services", "Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't responding."

I tried restarting both of these services, and setting them to "automatic". No joy. In case it matters, I had this problem begin while I was still running Windows 10. I hoped that the upgrade to 11 might fix the problem. It didn't.

I would appreciate any advice.

TNX,

Ron

Answer
Answer
Good Day Amsuco,

I appreciate your time getting back to this thread, I checked your manufacturers website and it appears that your manufacturer did not yet release a driver for Windows 11, proceed with the steps below.

-Go to Device Manager
-Expand the Sound and Video Game Controllers
-Look for Audio driver that was installed
-Right click and Uninstall

Once uninstalled, go to this link below and download and installt the driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp...

Once downloaded and installed, restart your computer and check.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 10,890 Applies to: