Audio Drivers and Devices Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

Hello,

After MUCH trial and error and troubleshooting, I still am having audio issues on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (Serial Number: PBGFMCX). It began with a red X over my volume button, and I further noticed that my sound devices are missing, and even my speakers (both laptop and external) do not work. I am aware that this version of Thinkpad does not support Windows 10, but everything has been working well prior to this most recent update. So far here is all I have done to attempt to solve these problems:

• Restarted my computer twice with no applied changes
  • Did a system restore to days before my update (4/15)
  • Completed sound troubleshooting. Stated that my audio drivers were missing and that it could not find a problem
  • Uninstalled Intel Audio and High Definition drivers, restarted, and then reinstalled latest Windows 10 update.
  • Restarted audio services
  • Installed Lenovo System Update and completed an update

I have been on so many forums and have done so far everything that I can. I don't understand. Yesterday evening I was listening to music from my external speakers just fine.

At this current point: My audio drivers are gone. Intel has no updates for my system. Lenovo has no updates for my system. Windows says I am up to date. I am a full time college student and am losing all of my mind. Please help

**UPDATE**: Found correct audio drivers on driverscape for my laptop. Received this message: Driver Installation Failed: Could not find media device for this driver. Plugging in headphones also doesn't work.

i have the exact same problem.  

blowing bubbles for you
blowing bubbles for me
blowing bubbles for all
to make everyone happy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 7, 2024 Views 350 Applies to: