Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC again, i didnt plug in the LAN cable as i was just checking if it booted (another person's home, The router was in a way different place, didn't want to bother moving things in their house just for that) and that's when Windows decided it was the perfect time to update, without any internet, and it didnt show the fact it needed to update before i packed it up originally.
Obviously the Update failed, and my Windows booted, everything is working fine except now none of my Audio devices and drivers work anymore, The sound icon in my taskbar has a little red X in the corner and hovering over it said "No Audio Output Device is installed.". I connected the LAN cable to my PC and tried using the Troubleshooter, it tried to reinstall the drivers and reset my PC, i let it do it's thing and nothing happened, Now it can't identify the issue

I then deleted all the Audio drivers in Device Manager and reinstalled them manually (Realtek ones and the NVidia ones), still nothing.
Then Windows tried to redo the Update, and this time it worked, but the audio is still broken.

So now im stuck with no audio on my PC, i tried reinstalling Windows through the recovery option, but it failed as well

Hello, how are you?
Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

My name is Paloma B., I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

Please let me know the make and model of your computer?

Could you also send me a screenshot of Device Manager?

Analyzing the information presented, I recommend that you follow the guidelines below, please, to try to solve this problem.

First, based on your equipment model, go to the manufacturer's website and download compatible and updated drivers, and reinstall them. Follow the guidelines on the link below, please.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402844...

Verify that the problem is resolved.

If the problem persists, please follow the next guidelines.

I recommend that you follow the guidelines on the official link below, please.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

If the problem persists, proceed to the next guidelines.

Important: at the end of each method, check if the problem has been solved. If it persists, proceed to the next one.

Method 1 - Troubleshoot sound problems

1. Right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar;

2. Select "Solve Sound Problems";

3. Run.

If it persists, proceed to the next method.

Method 2 - Use Device Manager to fix audio problems in Windows

1. Press WIndows + X, select Device Manager;

2. Expand the "Sound, video and games controllers" tab;

3. Right-click on the "High Definition Audio" device;

4. Access "Properties" and in the "Driver" tab choose the Update Driver option, and Windows 10 will start the process.

If the Update Driver option does not solve the problem, repeat steps 1 to 4, and in the "Driver" tab, select "Uninstall Device".

Then click on the sound icon, and wait for it to detect problems. A new window will open, choose the first option and click Next. Wait for the system to detect problems. The system will ask you to restart the PC.

If it persists, proceed to the next Method.

Method 3 - Test the audio card

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window;

2. Type

dxdiag

Select Ok.

3. Click Sound and test DirectSound.

The system will test whether DirectX is working, but how you will use the sound card to test it, if it is not working, it will not be detected by the system.

Go to the Sound tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. If your sound card does not appear in this tab, it means that it is not working, and you will need to take your computer to a service center for further testing.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2023 Views 231 Applies to: