Audio but no voice during movie playback

Have audio but no voice Windows 7 64 all flavors

Have audio but no voice Windows 7 64 all flavorsInstalled Windows 7 64 bit OEM & Retail Home Premium then Pro & lastly Ultimate all provided no voice but have background sound. I didn't realize this until I loaded all my apps and this took hours to get everything loaded. I decided to watch a movie, background sound was playing but the actors had no voice? I installed FFDShow, VLC, Windows 7 codecs and DivX all of which failed to provide voice. 90% of YouTube, had no voice as well. I tried latest drivers for graphics chipset & audio and all windows updates with no success.

1st hardware E6600 CPU, Asus w/G41 chipset, Realtek audio. No voice, background sound worked. Plugged a Geforce 8600GT voice worked, then plugged a 8400GS no voice?

2nd hardware E8400 CPU, Zotac GeForce 9300 chipset, Realtek audio. Voice worked but after a restart no voice.

3rd hardware i7 CPU, Gigabyte P55 chipset, Geforce GT240. No issues with audio or voice

I discovered that 1st and 2nd hardware builds worked without issues if I install Win 7 32 bit (without additional codecs). I wanted to run 64 bit OS on 1 & 2, since both processors support 64 bit! I hope someone here knows what else I can do to make voice work...

Wallace

Answer
Answer
control panel-sound-manage audio devices-playback-restore default ( there may be an advanced tab or you may have to right click and go to properties then restore) cant quite remember but its right there for ya. fixed mine 100%

242 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2024 Views 108,593 Applies to: