Asus USB-N10 Adapter not working with Windows 7

I recently built a pc using an intel I5 670.  I chose to use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  For the past month I have been using the Asus USB-N1 Adapter.  The last week connections with it have been sporadic and it seems to randomly disconnect.  Now it does not connect at all.  I've tried rolling back drivers, updating drivers, and everything else I can think of.  Does anyone else have any recommendations?
Did you try a System Restore to when it did work?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I did a system restore to when it did work and still nothing.  I also tried installing this on my other pc which is Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. I've also uninstalled the drivers and utility set up completely, then re-installed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mektah,

Thanks for posting.

What happened when you installed it the other computer?

Is this device in the Win7 compatibilty list?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

I also found a review that mentions issues with compatibilty with Vista:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Belkin_N1_Wireless_USB_Adapter__Review_5754300

How old is the device?

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a ASUS USB-N10 wireless adpater which works well (connects to my home wireless network) on XP but not with Windows 7.

With XP, there is a utility that ASUS provides in addition to the driver. The utility helps manage wireless profiles and connects to the preferred profile. I think the utility is a must to run because, without launching the utility I could not connect to the wireless n/w.

With Windows 7 (I have a Home edition, 64-bit), ASUS seem to provide just the driver only, not the utility. Windows automatically installs the driver once the USB-N10 is plugged in. It looks like Windows installs a later version of the driver (file version: 1086.38.1125.2010) than that is available on the ASUS site (file version: 1085.7.922.2009). Once the driver is installed and when I click on the network icon in the System tray, the adapter is listed along with the wireless profiles. When I select a wireless profile, I am prompted to enter the security key and then I get the error "Windows was unable to connect to xxxx".

Any help is appreciated. Anyone so far successfully connected Windows 7 and USB-N10?

USB-N10 driver download link:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=11&s=1&m=USB-N10&os=&hashedid=34quT7gvx7FiSqBg

Thanks,

RK

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am now able to use USB-N10 on Windows 7 to connect to my wireless network, though I am still not sure of why it did not work earlier or what is making it work now.

Steps I followed:

- I deleted the existing wireless profiles in Network and Sharing center->Manage Wireles Networks. These profiles were created automatically when using the internal wireless card in laptop, which actually works fine with the internal card.

- I created one profile manually

- Inserted the USB-N10 and choose the profile. I entered the security key at the prompt. I got connected.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried creating a profile, as mentioned by RK, but I still can't connect to my network (WPA-PSK). Please, help!
Claudio Henrique, Eng
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, BRA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 13, 2022 Views 7,532 Applies to: