Asus T100HA battery drain in sleep because of Intel SST Audio Device?

Hello all!

As the subject says, I am having an issue with the battery draining when the tablet is in sleep mode. For example: if the tablet is in sleep and the battery is at 90% when I use it an hour or two later it will be down to 60-ish %. I ran "powercfg/energy" to see what was going on and found that "Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)" was preventing the tablet from truly sleeping.

My question is if there is any way to fix the driver. I have tried updating the driver and overriding the driver in the cmd mode. The only thing that prevents it from draining is completely disabling the driver through the device manager, but this has the adverse affect of no audio. I know there are threads out there saying that you have to mute or set the volume to 0 before you put the tablet to sleep but that hasn't worked for me either.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with battery power. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:
I suggest you to create a new power plan and customize the same according to your needs. Check if it helps.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100HA/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2020 Views 798 Applies to: