ASUS computer - Factory Reset

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. Service Pack 1 (whatever that means lol)

Manufact.: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

My Windows is activated and I'm not sure, but I think I have the product ID for it.... but I do NOT have an actual CD. My computer came with the operating system and what-not installed already. I'm not sure exactly how to factory reset my PC without the CD or how to get a CD... I don't want to pay for a whole NEW Windows... I already paid for this... Can I get it from online anywhere and download it & burn a CD or DVD+R/DVD-R? Not illegally LMAO... like with my product ID and stuff???
You did READ the documentation that came with your computer?
It has a hidden recovery partition that contains the disk image to re-set the machine.
The documentation should also tell you how to create a set of Recovery disks from that partition. Do that immediately because a hidden recovery partition is no earthly use if the HDD goes belly up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HDD? I'm sorry, I didn't actually buy the PC from the store. I got it from a friend who was getting a better PC. I can't imagine how good* theirs is cause mine was pretty awesome before... whatever got in here and killed my PC..... I hate weird ****. BUT I uhhhh... I made a Recovery Disk... but no backup because there wasn't really much I care to put on... just want it back to how it was when it was bought. I didn't get a CD when I first got the PC or anything..... but I used AI Recovery Burner. Do you know what that is? I want to make sure I can actually use that before I try LMAO. I don't want to mess up my PC more than it already is... if you get me. =P

AI Recovery Burner made 3 DVD+R's for recovery. Was supposed to take 6, but yeah. I'm not sure about them... what they do... what they're for... If they're used for like backup purposes or if I can reboot my PC with them?
CT45NJ053PH1N3M00R3921120-72824

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2020 Views 2,808 Applies to: