Are these product keys legit?

This company from ours, ProductKey PH, is claiming to have legitimate retail product keys from Microsoft. In fact, they even have a Facebook page and what seems to be like they have an office. Can somebody confirm this? How can they sell keys like this for Php 1880 ($37.74)? 

*Removed the image to preserve the company's reputation. It turns out, their representative's response, they are totally selling legitimate keys.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Guys, I am Joey Chan, the owner of product key Philippines. I just want to cut to the chase and air my side on this issue. This is a text-book example of a competitor trying to malign another company for his own gains.

1. The poster of this topic, Lolfaceftw is actually an owner of a company that installs software called Purify Philippines. With facebook page located at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/purifyphil/

2. Their services includes Windows 10 installation, for just 3 USD. An individual who have a basic knowledge of software will know what kind of license is a 3 USD license. But I am here to present facts, not accuse anyone. PROOF: https://i.imgur.com/iTpD9Q8.png

3. He emailed us asking if he can be a supplier. We declined. The nature of our company is that, we can only sell limited amount of licenses per day (2-3 of each product or less) and we cannot entertain any form of bulk purchases or reselling as some software we sell, we incur about 25-50% loss ( we sell cheaper than the price we paid for in some products. ) We will never engage in any action that will allow someone to profit from the licenses we sell as this is not the purpose of the company. PROOF: https://i.imgur.com/l3nBLNL.png | https://i.imgur.com/0ffeLrV.png

Basically, he made this post and pretended that someone else made this post. As a computer technician who installs 3 USD Windows Software, I thought he was aware he was using the same name on his email and this account he created for the sole purpose of posting this topic.

4. At almost same time, similar inquiry came from Purify Philipines asking to be a reseller. Again, we politely decline for the same reason that we have no capacity to sell more than 2-3 licenses per product per day. I apologize in advance as some of the sentences are in Filipino. In summary, I told him that we only receive limited allocation and reselling/bulk purchase is impossible. PROOF: https://i.imgur.com/EgL8qXR.png

5. A fake facebook account then posted a review with this link on our FB page with a message that says people should be aware buying from us as our keys are fake and pointing on this page's link (which he conveniently shortened using tinyurl) to prove his point because the "Microsoft Experts" says so. (What he meant by Microsoft Experts was anyone that can post on this thread, which is basically Us.) That is why I saw this thread. Sadly no proof can be shown as the fake account who made the fake review was immediately banned by FB. What left was the remnant of the fake account: https://www.facebook.com/orlando.nicolas.1004

6. Upon further investigation, it seems that Purify Philippines and Lolfaceftw email are sent by the same person: PROOF: https://i.imgur.com/oHAfbO4.png

It seems very obvious that he made this topic and try to lead the posters to say something bad about us and use this exact link against us to benefit his company and pass it as if it is the official Microsoft's stance. As an owner of 11 other companies, I can sustain this Business model even if it becomes a charity that is why people are baffled on why this company exist. Sometimes, its not about the money but the satisfaction in helping someone, who cannot afford a certain license he needs for work/school even if its just break even/loss. Sounds corny I know. I apologize about that. An average Filipino will need to work for 22 straight days to afford 1 retail, genuine software license and I want to change that. This is the same reason why I do not allow reselling or abusing us for profit.

for people wondering about our business model, this is an email i sent to corel last weekend: https://i.imgur.com/AGgyJsS.png

Believe me, software company does do charity. In fact, Microsoft recently partnered with the Office of the Vice President to support e-learning in far flung area of the country that do not have internet connection but can't go to actual school because of pandemic. This is also one of our projects. You just need a letter of intent.

Microsoft is actually just a few blocks away from us, their address is 6750 Ayala Ave. We are located at 6784 Ayala Ave. Maybe about 7 minute walk I guess. Our business was est. around 2016. Our conscience is clear, we can move our office in front or next to them but sadly, they are surrounded by huge hotels. The poster is free to visit us after pandemic resolves. He might learn a thing or two on how to properly run a company with the proper ethics, moral compass and without maligning other companies mere 2 weeks after opening his business.

I hope that this entire topic is not deleted as I believe he will just make multiple, similar posts with the same purpose on multiple forums, pages, sites etc. That way, I already answered all of them. Thank you for listening and I respect each and everyone's opinion even if the accusation/assumption is wrong. I wholeheartedly understand.

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Lolfaceftw

No , you should no purchase those licences, they are selling volume licence keys and though they will initially activate, they will soon after self-deactivate, because the licence needs to be re-armed form a Company Key Management Server

hi dave, I am joey owner of product key. The topic starter is a competitor. He emailed us asking if he can resell or purchase in bulk but we rejected him because its not our business model. He asked leading question to come up with conclusion that will help his software business. I posted a reply that will clarify this. Its a bit long but I hope it can clarify things. He is using your answer, specifically as a marketing propaganda for his business. Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Joey Chan.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I am not affiliated with the company nor have any connections with them. The only proof you have is the public IP address you showed. There are many factors that can show that Person A and Person B has the same public IP address. One is they are connected to the same Wi-Fi. I was using a public Wi-Fi when sending an e-mail and for some coincidental reason, based on the image above, the person sent the email, too, using the same Wi-Fi. I emailed you first then asked the Microsoft answers page about the legitimacy. I understand that you were shocked about the matter.

Additionally, the public WiFi I used is in a company building. There is a possibility that the email of Purify is sent by a person working there. Also, I believe that it isn't the owner who sent the email. Just like you, as a tech support, sends email with other consumers. I'm pretty sure the owner does not want to wage conflicts on other companies.

Orlando Nicolas is a dummy account of my friend whom I immediately called when some people answered my question here. He was afraid that he can get bashed so he used that. I'm really sorry I jumped into conclusions. I hope you understand.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Joey Chan.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I am not affiliated with the company nor have any connections with them. The only proof you have is the public IP address you showed. There are many factors that can show that Person A and Person B has the same public IP address. One is they are connected to the same Wi-Fi. I was using a public Wi-Fi when sending an e-mail and for some coincidental reason, based on the image above, the person sent the email, too, using the same Wi-Fi. I emailed you first then asked the Microsoft answers page about the legitimacy. I understand that you were shocked about the matter.

Your flawed IP address reasoning further proves you are indeed the same person. IP address is unique even if devices are using same WIFI. Also, what I posted is the SPF IP from the 2 emails you used. What I don’t understand is why you are trying to hurt other businesses. I actually do not mind and would ignore all of these altogether, but the fake FB review is wrong. You can’t simply accuse us of selling fake keys just because you manipulated people here to arrive at that conclusion and pass it as something coming from “Microsoft Experts”. You think with our Office location on same street as Microsoft for the past 4 years, they did not attempt to make contact or visit?

I am still wishing you the best with your new business. Nurture and make it grow while building bridges along the way and I hope you learned something from this experience for the better.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Joey Chan.

I believe I can clarify more of this in private. I do not want this thread to be very long. Kindly check your email.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So...any updates? @Joey and @lolface???? I am invested

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

lol i came here for the same question... im actually having 60-40 thoughts in buying this... coz its really really cheap and it really rings a bell... i actually asked people around every pages in facebook that i am in... no reply... i want to have a legitimate windows key and what joey said, its too expensive... 

right now things got so interesting

what the person (joey) posted here is actually in accordance to what was in the page... i just need some assistance from microsoft just to appease my mind....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

lol i came here for the same question... im actually having 60-40 thoughts in buying this... coz its really really cheap and it really rings a bell... i actually asked people around every pages in facebook that i am in... no reply... i want to have a legitimate windows key and what joey said, its too expensive... 

right now things got so interesting

what the person (joey) posted here is actually in accordance to what was in the page... i just need some assistance from microsoft just to appease my mind....

hi, just wanna know if you've already received a response from microsoft? Like you, I wanna have a legitimate windows key as well... thanks for replying in advance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2021 Views 2,012 Applies to: