Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

I have about 6 apps. that show the status as "suspended" in task manager. I didn't suspend them and would like to know how to "unsuspend" them.

windows 10 Professional

I7 Processor

24gb RAM

Thanks

Jerry

Hello Jerryyea,

There might be some third party applications that is conflicting withing your system. Try performing a clean boot to eliminate these conflicts. Here's how:

1. Click the start screen, and type msconfig. Click system configuration.

2. On the System configuration window, select the services tab.

3. Click the box at the bottom, beside the hide all Microsoft services text.

4. Click "Disable all" at the right side.

5. Click Apply, then OK, and it will ask you to restart your computer so just click OK again.

You may also check this link for more info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?Ocid=1.%20Owned%20NA%20(Reactive)_Social_TWITTER_WindowsSupport_20160721_523763289. Let us know if you have more questions.

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jerryyea,

There might be some third party applications that is conflicting withing your system. Try performing a clean boot to eliminate these conflicts. Here's how:

1. Click the start screen, and type msconfig. Click system configuration.

2. On the System configuration window, select the services tab.

3. Click the box at the bottom, beside the hide all Microsoft services text.

4. Click "Disable all" at the right side.

5. Click Apply, then OK, and it will ask you to restart your computer so just click OK again.

You may also check this link for more info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?Ocid=1.%20Owned%20NA%20(Reactive)_Social_TWITTER_WindowsSupport_20160721_523763289. Let us know if you have more questions.

I did what the procedure from the link you sent said to do. I have now restarted and there are still some suspended:

* C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy - Which I may have suspended. I don't use Cortana.

* Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy - Which I may have suspended. I don't use Cortana.

* C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy - Which I may have suspended. I don't use Cortana.

* C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_11.10.145.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c - Which I may have suspended. I don't use it.

* ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy - This one I don't understand what it is or why it's suspended unless it has something to do with Cortana.

That's it. It appears that all but one that I don't understand are ones that I don't need anyhow.

If you know whether or not the one I don't understand is associated with Cortana, would you please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Jerry

Jerry

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Regarding the Shell Experience Host, you may check MB5656's reply here: Click here.

If you're also having problems with opening some of your applications, we suggest that you restart your Windows Explorer on your Task Manager, under the Background and Processes.

Let us know if this would make any changes.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried the Explorer thing and tried to turn Cortana back on but I still hve things suspended in Task Manager.

Calculator is now suspended.

Cortana is now suspended

Photos is now suspended

Reminders WinRT OOP Server is now suspended

Windows Shell Experience is now suspended

I'm not having problems but I just can't figure out why they're suspended and how to remove the suspension.

I'm lost and may I say I'm just a novice/user. I've never been "too deep" into troubleshooting problems.

It's an HP Phoenix Desktop, one of the top of the line HP PC's.

Maybe I should go to the HP chat for help.

The only thing with that is a lot of times they want to do a system restore and I have way too many programs installed to do that.

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry

44 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 154,379 Applies to: