Application hang when Tablet PC Input service running

I have a Dell XT2 tablet running Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1.  When running an application when the Tablet Feature is on and the Tablet PC Input service is running, a specific dialog in our app will fail to create the controls.  It fails when creating the windows handle for a treeview control I believe.  The create returns a zero for failure but GetLastError() doesn't return an error.  If the tablet service is not running, the application works as designed.  If tiptsf.dll is loaded in the application process, the failure will occur.  This looks to be the tablet input panel.  If the tablet feature is turned off, this dll is not injected in the process and therefore allows the application to function correct and the pen to work, just not the tablet panel.  This particular hang happens 4 dialogs deep in the application.

We've also had similar crashes on Win7 64 bit, but I haven't narrowed them down to the tablet service.

I'm a developer for the application in question - is there anything I can do programmatically to get past this problem while keeping the tablet features available?  I've seen similar problems after googling but no one has a solution for it besides turning off the tablet service.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

The issue you posted is related to professional level support. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2019 Views 443 Applies to: