App store downloads and updates for windows 10

Hey Guys

I have windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I have used my app store and all was working fine but not for the last couple of days.

I cant seem to download anything from the app store or do any updates. It opens but as soon as I want to download it just stays in the que and never starts downloading and the updates as well, it just says pending the whole time. Please help on how to sort out this issue, I am lost without my app store. lol.

|

Hi Alicia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know, which Windows 10 build are you using?

To check Windows version, press Windows key + R, type winver and press Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending.

1. Type update on the Windows search bar and select Check for updates.

2. Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically check for the Windows update if any update is pending.

If you have any issue installing Windows update you can run Windows update troubleshooter. Windows Update troubleshooter it will automatically fix some common problems installing updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Click the below link

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

Method 2.

If that does not helps, I recommend you to run app troubleshooter it will automatically detect the problem and try to fix it. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Let us know the result.

60 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Guys

I have windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I have used my app store and all was working fine but not for the last couple of days.

I cant seem to download anything from the app store or do any updates. It opens but as soon as I want to download it just stays in the que and never starts downloading and the updates as well, it just says pending the whole time. Please help on how to sort out this issue, I am lost without my app store. lol.

Hello
I am Issam Naimi from Jordan
I am trying a lot of methods, so I can open and use  Microsoft store and calculator in my
computer under windows 10, but I failed.
After installing visual studio 2015 (it's free download from Microsoft web page), Microsoft
 store and calculator started to work completely and normally.
Pls. try this and tell me if it's working.
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Best regards.

96 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2020 Views 7,836 Applies to: