Answer To Why Hp SimplePass is not working in Windows 10

For all of you who are having problems with HP SimplePass since upgrading to Windows 10, I responded to someone else's answer about this. I hope this will help you, as well. I was in an online chat with a Microsoft tech for right at 2 hours about this. We tried everything imaginable to fix this issue. Not being able to solve the problem, they finally referred me to HP. So, I chatted online with an HP tech for about the same amount of time. After allowing remote access to my computer in both cases, here is what I found out: Microsoft Edge does not support plug-ins, making this program incompatible with Windows 10. The tech said that this program will not work again until Microsoft updates Edge to where it supports plug-ins. He/she said that it is just a matter of time until Microsoft makes the necessary changes to Edge, since people all over the world are having problems with their fingerprint readers, both HP SimplePass and other brands. So, I guess it is just a waiting game at this point.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is an option on the first page to use my Outlook password OR scan my fingerprint to log in to my PC. Scanning my fingerprint does nothing at all now. I have not tried it for websites yet.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

OK OK MS Edge took me "OVER THE EDGE" too when I realized it would not open certain games. So I made

old reliable IE 11 my DEFAULT BROWSER and the problem was solved. The fact that MS is the culprit makes sense to me, since I converted to W10 some time ago and HP Simple Pass continued to work for me. About 3 weeks ago

(early Feb 2016) things went haywire with Simple Pass - it simply refused to pass the UName and PW text over to my various website log-on screens . Even my Welcome screen stopped accepting my finger scan even tho the scanner itself blinked at the right moment! A message came up telling me that Simple Pass"PAUSED -CLICK HERE to continue". No attempt relieved the problem, I had to resort to typing in my MS Windows PW. ( A third option labelled PIN displayed as an option also - I have yet to figure that one out!

The bottom line is that there are numerous users complaining but there has yet to appear a solution that works!

I also spent several hours with an expert to no avial. If Edge is to blame why doesn't Simple Pas work when I made IE 11 my default browser??

And when HP and MS point fingers at one another, we all suffer !

There, I feel BETTER already (NOT REALLY!)

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Approximately 2 weeks ago I updated HP SimplePass on my HP Envy 15t-j100 which still uses Win8.1. Subsequently I could not use SimplePass to login to Win8.1 anymore - now I could only get into Win8.1 by typing my password. 2 days ago I reloaded HP SimplePass and as a result I could no longer use my password. I needed to attempt many, many different strategies and 4 hours time to eventually successfully login. I needed to use "Safe Mode" to login. Looking back - I have wasted hundreds of hours since MS-DOS 4.1 in the late '80's trying to recover from PC crashes. Wisdom has kept me from loading WIN10 until the last minute before thr "free deadline, "in anticipation of problems as is currently hosing numerous owners of SimplePass. I loaded HP SimplePass 8.01.39 today and it wouldn't even open. An hour ago I thought I successfully uninstalled HP SimplePass 8.01.39, but I opened Windows Uninstall just now and HP SimplePass 8.01.39 is still there and Windows Uninstall is still giving me the message "wait until the program is finished uninstalling". I'm still getting the shaft from  HP SimplePass and Windows Uninstall after all that time and work. I paid big bucks for this HP Envy and I can't fully use it. What the hey? Please give me your comments.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Pse try the newest version of SimplePass 8.01.46 and the fingerprint reader 45.246.0. It works for me.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know about anyone else but I have always been able to resolve issues with SimplePass, including after my upgrade to Windows 10. I think maybe that has to do with the fact that I do not use MS Edge as my primary browser--it is on my machine, apparently because it comes as a default (along with Internet Explorer), but I use Google Chrome as my primary browser, and I have no problems with SimplePass that cannot be resolved, usually by downloading new drivers.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 26, 2023 Views 2,807 Applies to: