all web browsers freeze and crash windows 10

All of my web browswers - Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox - will freeze and then crash on my Windows 10 OS build 18363.1256 v1909 installed 2020.05.13.  Needless to say, this is maddening if I can't depend on any of the web browsers, so I can only assume its the OS or the computer.  It doesn't make sense, but they all crash multiple times a day, regardless of which one I run.  HELP!
Hello, how are you?
Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

My name is Paloma B., I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

Analyzing the information presented, I recommend that you follow the guidelines below, please, to try to solve this problem.

First, I recommend downloading and running the tool on the link below, please, for a system check and update:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Verify that the problem is resolved.

If it persists, based on your equipment model, go to the manufacturer's website and download compatible and updated drivers, and reinstall them. Follow the guidelines on the link below, please.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402844...

If the problem persists, please follow the next guidelines.
Important: at the end of each method, check if the problem has been solved. If it persists, proceed to the next one.

SFC, DISM and CHKDSK.

Use a Windows disk, file and image correction tool

1. On the desktop, press the Windows + X keys, and select Windows Powershell (Admin);

2. Copy and paste the following commands, one line at a time, followed by Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

chkdsk /f /r /b

To schedule a disk check, confirm with the S key and press Enter, and restart the equipment.

*** IMPORTANT ***

This is a process that can take some time to complete.

If the problem persists, please follow the next guidelines.
Important: at the end of each method, check if the problem has been solved. If it persists, proceed to the next one.

Clean the temp on your machine:

On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + R hotkey to open or Run.
Now type TEMP and click OK.
The TEMP folder will open, please permanently delete all files inside the folder, if some files are not deleted it will be normal as they may be in use.

Simultaneously press the Windows + R hotkey to open Run.
Type %TEMP% and click OK.
The %TEMP% folder will open, please permanently delete all files within the folder, if some files are not deleted it will be normal as they may be in use.

Simultaneously press the Windows + R hotkey to open Run.
Type PREFETCH and click OK.
The folder PREFETCH will be opened, please permanently delete all files inside the folder, if some files are not deleted it will be normal as they may be in use.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 3,867 Applies to: