All Corrupt Windows user accounts, passwords, and permissions etc... in Windows 7

What I Did"

I “Right Clicked”, on the “C Drive”, I then clicked on “Properties”, then I clicked the “Security Tab”, then “Advanced Tab”.  I then proceeded to click the “Change Permissions” Button, then the “Edit” Button.  I gave myself “Full Control” which applied to “This folder, subfolders, and files”, along with the “Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container onlyCheckmark.  Clicked “OK”, then I placed a Checkmark on “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”, and chose “OK”.  Then before I was able to proceed to click all the “OK” Buttons until I was done, the computer started applying all the “Permissions”, which seemed to look like it was going to take a very long time, so I clicked the “Cancel” Button.  After what seemed to be forever, I tried to “Stop” the “Cancelling Process”.  I had no luck, so I then pressed the computer’s “Power On” button until it was Shut Down.  I know this was the Dumbest thing I could ever do.

My Problem:

After I “Restarted” the computer, I received the following errors, which I have uploaded images of. 

Now, the “Problem” I have is that “ALL” my Accounts, even the Hidden Administrator, ended up “Powerless”.  I am now “Unable” to “Run” any application which requires, “Administrative Permissions”, or anything what so ever that requires “Administrative Permissions”.  I can not “Change” any “Account Type”, or “Manage” any Accounts.  It seems that All my Accounts are Now OnlyLimited Accounts”.  I tried to run the “Restore” and “Backup” options, but of course, “NO Permission”.

So, before I go and reinstall Windows 7, and lose all my years of Applications, etc…  I decided to see if Microsoft could help me out.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

First, I suggest that you enable the Default Administrator on the computer and check.

To enable the default Administrator account, perform the steps below:

1. Click Start and type CMD in the Start search box

2. Right click on CMD in the list and click on "Run as administrator"

3. Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

If this works then it might be a problem with the corrupt User Profile, go to Step 3.

Step 2:

I suggest that you turn off the User Account Control temporarily on the computer and check if you are able to change the settings for the Internet time on the computer or not.

1.      Click Start.

2.      Click Control Panel.

3.      Click User Accounts.

4.      Click on Change User Account Settings.

5.      Drag the slider to Never Notify.

6.      Click OK.

Now check if you are able to change the settings, if the issue is resolved, I suggest that you enable the User Account Settings back to normal.

Step 3:

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you temporarily disable the security software and the firewall in the security software on the computer and check.

Ensure to enable the Security software on the computer.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you create a new user profile on the computer and check, since this might be an issue with the user profile.

Refer the link to fix the corrupted profile: Fix a corrupted user profile:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Let me know if this worked.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

re: Anusha Verma,

As I mentioned above, I do Not have any Permission to use any Administration Rights.  Also, I mentioned that even the Default Administrator on the computer is unable to use any Administration Rights.

Thanks

Gil Lahaie

Gil Lahaie

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Windows 7 Ultimate is still Under Warranty, so is there a Special Place to go for Support instead of here?

Thanks

Gil Lahaie

Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there not 1 person from Microsoft with any idea??
Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could I please receive a reply or anything to know that Microsoft is a least trying to figure this out please.  Even a reply stating that Microsoft has no idea on how to fix this, would be good please.

Thanks

Gil Lahaie

Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

These pictures are of Errors I receive when I try to Run an Application with "Run this Program as an Administrator" Checked within its' Properties and when Programs like "Setup.exe" that needs Admin to run.

Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I can not believe it, but I actually fixed it today!
Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to "Take Ownership" of each and every single "File and Folder" on my C: Drive.  This eventually gave me back “Administrative Permissions”.
Gil Lahaie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Gill,

I really apologize for delay in response.

Your efforts to resolve this problem is very much appreciated. We appreciate the time taken by you to share the resolution.

I am sure it would benefit other community members as well.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2020 Views 495 Applies to: