Advantages of Windows 10 over Windows 7?

I use Windows 7 Home Premium on my desktop computer.  I'm happy with it.   Are there major advantages of upgrading to 10?  Will Microsoft continue to support 7 if I don't upgrade to 10?
Answer
Answer

The advantages of Windows 10 are numerous and plenty.  

In Windows 7, the problem of your computer randomly dropping connections to the internet can often be fixed by going into your power save settings and changing your wireless adapter to Maximum Performance.  In Windows 10 you'll drop your wifi connection regardless of your power settings, and Microsoft will most likely never fix the issue.  

Windows 7 has problems with dropping network shares, but that's a problem that can be resolved through a roughly thirty step process that requires significant knowledge of Device Manager and the Command Prompt, Windows 10 will drop connections to network shares and no amount of Device Manager or Command Prompt knowledge will ever resolve the disappearing shares issue.  

Windows 10 promises you an option to create a USB installer that will never actually work, so you'll be able to go through the process, but then when you plug your USB installer into another machine you will get an "Operating system not found" error every time!  

These are just some of the exciting changes that Microsoft is planning for the Windows 10 operating system! 

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 1,544 Applies to: