Administrator Privileges when trying to run an old PC Game

So I have a Lenovo Yoga and it had Windows 8.1 on it. I bought an external DVD drive and tried to install the old Sims game (don't judge, its the best.) It installed perfectly fine wth my external drive, however when I try to play it, it tells me "Please log in with administrator priviliges and try again". I have tried to follow the steps in changing the access of Admin to myself but then it gives me a "failure to enumerate objects in container" error. I updated to Windows 10 to see if that is the issue and it still gives me the same error. Is there a workaround or are my childhood days of playing the Sims dead and gone?
Answer
Answer

Hi Haley,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues while you are playing the Sims game in the system.

I would suggest you to reinstall the game in compatibility mode and check if issue persists.

Reinstall the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps

1. Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
  2. Open Programs and Features.
  3. In the list of installed programs, select the game, and then click Remove.
  4. Reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

After the game is installed Right click on the game icon and click on Run as administrator option to run the game.

Please refer the link below to know how to install apps in compatibility mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows (Applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 10, 2024 Views 1,762 Applies to: