Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today. 11/13/12

The balloon notification in the system tray's network icon keeps popping up over and over "Additional log on information may be required. Click to open your browser". On clicking the browser opens to my homepage, and I clearly have an internet connection. If I run the troubleshooter it tells me to click to show where to do the above task. The page opens to the Microsoft Storer pushing Windows surface RT. I navigated here and logged on, but the balloon keeps popping up. When I click "check to see if the problem is fixed, it tells me not fixed "You might need to sign up with this network's internet service provider (ISP) to get access to the internet. The ballonn continues to pop up. I am going to try to disable the icon and notifications as a workaround, or try system restore to before the updates. this happened on two Windows 7 machines. I have a machine that runs Vista that was not affected.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2019 Views 124,630 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
FYI:
OpenDNS Community > Forums > "Additional log on information may be required" pop up warning issue
http://forums.opendns.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=16465

483 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.