Adding/Removing Sign In Options In Windows 10 Pro

Hi there !

i'm a windows 10 pro user and i have enabled 3 sign in options in order to login or unlock my laptop, sign in options are as follow : 

1) Fingerprint
2) Microsoft account
3) PIN

now, i want to remove option no. 2 from login panel, which means when i turn on my laptop only option no. 1 and 3 will be available, so can anyone help me out that how can i remove option no.2, so i can only be able to sign in using my finger or my PIN, in addition if anyone could tell how can i add face recognition feature into Windows Hello, i have a camera in my laptop.

My Lappy: HP Elitebook 8470p (Core i5, 3rd Gen, 4 GB RAM, HD Webcam)

Waiting for a positive response,
Thank You !

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I guess you're asking about removing Microsoft account password from login screen. Right?

If yes, then currently there is no option available to remove the same. It is default and mandatory to have Microsoft account password at login screen, which helps you to access your PC, when other Sign-in options fails. Also your password helps keep your account secure, no matter what PC you sign in to or what apps, settings, and services you use while you're signed in.

Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using fingerprint or facial recognition. Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and most PCs with fingerprint readers are ready to use Windows Hello now, and more devices that can recognize your face and fingerprint will be available in the future. Here’s how to set it up:

1. Go to the Start menu and select Settings.
  2. Go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
  3. Under Windows Hello, you’ll see options for face, fingerprint, or iris if your PC has a fingerprint reader or a camera that supports it.
  4. Select Set up and follow the on-screen instructions. Once you’re set up, you’ll be able to sign in with a quick swipe or glance.

If you don’t see a sign-in option for Windows Hello, then your device doesn’t support it.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 4,879 Applies to: