Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

Why is the download speed in Microsoft Store so much lower than the download speed I'm measuring on speedtest.net? Evidence in this screenshot below:

I'm not using the internet on any other program, so it's not because of that. Microsoft Store just seems to be literally throttling my download speed for no apparent reason.

The Internet that Microsoft is sending from may not be as fast as yours.

-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So does that mean that Microsoft's download speed itself is capped at 100-300 Mbps? Even if I had infinitely faster internet, the download speed wouldn't go past the point at which I'm experiencing right now?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, how are you?
Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

My name is Paloma B., I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

I understand that the download speed on your Microsoft Store is different from the measurement.

In fact, I believe your download rate is correct, the rate measured by the speedtest is just the contracted speed of your internet, but it is not the same rate that is used to download, usually the rate to download something from the internet is around 10-20% of your internet speed.

The downlaod speed depends on the instability of your internet as well as the server where the downlaod is available to be downloaded, in this case the Microsoft Store.

If the downlaod rate were well below the 10-20% expected, it would probably mean that the MS server from which it is being downloaded via the Microsoft Store, may be unstable or slow, this impacts your download speed.

When at one end they are experiencing instabilities, this influences the download speed, so it may be that you try to download some file or program from another location that the speed is much higher.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2024 Views 335 Applies to: