The action center and notifications icon has disappeared from my task bar in Windows 10 it was there up until a week or so ago but now gone and doing a search for it doesn't find it on my computer.
I have tried all of the following suggestions but they haven't restored it.
Method 1: I suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.
System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:
Method 2: I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
I would suggest you to try the steps below to check if action center is disabled:
1 Press windows key + I
2. Click on "system"
3. Click on "notifications and actions" on the left pane.
4. Click on "turn system icons on or off"
5. If action center is disabled, turn it on.
Any way I can reinstall it?