A new firmware update is available for the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

On February 23, 2016, we released a firmware update to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter that improves connection reliability while your host device (Surface, Laptop, or Phone) is in multi-channel mode. You can install this new firmware update by going through the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter App available on the Windows Store. For more information please go here 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

How can I download the firmware update if my computer is unable to connect to the device?  In the App, the firmware tab is greyed out, and when I try to "connect" or "add a device" the wireless display adapter is not found.

I have done the reboot to the adapter as well as re-installed the app multiple times to no avail.

Is there any method to connect the adapter to my computer directly in order to update the firmware rather than relying on the connection via the TV?

Thank you.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

How can I download the firmware update if my computer is unable to connect to the device?  In the App, the firmware tab is greyed out, and when I try to "connect" or "add a device" the wireless display adapter is not found.

I have done the reboot to the adapter as well as re-installed the app multiple times to no avail.

Is there any method to connect the adapter to my computer directly in order to update the firmware rather than relying on the connection via the TV?

Thank you.

This is exactly what I encounter with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app - both the 'Firmware' and 'Adapter Settings' are greyed out when attempting to update a version 2 MWDA.

I have tried all the troubleshooting tips available to me - I'm using a laptop to connect to a TV (I don't have a MS phone or tablet so updating the driver according to 'Troubleshooting' is not possible as it doesn't appear to exist on the laptop).

My question is: "How can I get the 'Firmware' setting to appear un-greyed?

Surely an up-to-date Microsoft operating system (Win 10) and a Microsoft accessory app (MWDA app) should be like hand-in-glove - They should just work by December 2017?

Does anyone know the way forward? Thanks.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 7, 2023 Views 5,183 Applies to: