A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.__Help!__

ok so i require directx 0.9c to play red alert 3, however i cant get about installing the new directx on my computer due to this error
A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

have tried solutions on how to fix this problem posted by mods on previous posts with similar problem, however it does not work for me

help is appreciated , thank you

Answer
Answer
Set Cryptographic Services to automatic Set the Cryptographic Services to Automatic, and then try to install the program again. To set the Cryptographic Services to Automatic, follow these steps:
  1. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Services.
  3. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
  4. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/ and follow all the methods listed in the KB article.

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they might of been.

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2024 Views 63,818 Applies to: