5.1 surround sound on Windows 10(Logitech Z506)

Hello, when select 5.1 configuration, i finish the configuration and then i when i play movie in any video player, i only hear the background music but not the voices of the actors or people in the movie. And also if do select 5.1 surround and restart computer, it sometimes changes back to stereo. And when it is in stereo, you can hear everything from background music to the voices.

I have the Logitech z506 5.1 surround sound speakers and i would like to use them to their full capability.

SOLUTION: I solved this myself, i found that you need to use the black and yellow with the green 3.5mm cable to get 5.1 surround sound. You have connect green  cable to the line out(green port),yellow cable to the mic in(pink port), and the black cable to the line in(blue port) and then connect it to the black and yellow port in subwoofer. Make sure you configure the line in (side speakers out)and mic in (center/subwoofer out). Then just configure as 5.1 surround sound and your good and gravy.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Answer
Answer

I solved this myself, i found that you need to use the black and yellow with the green 3.5mm cable to get 5.1 surround sound. You have connect green  cable to the line out(green port),yellow cable to the mic in(pink port), and the black cable to the line in(blue port) and then connect it to the black and yellow port in subwoofer. Make sure you configure the line in (side speakers out)and mic in (center/subwoofer out). Then just configure as 5.1 surround sound and your good and gravy.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2024 Views 9,727 Applies to: