4k tv as monitor in Windows 10 resolution greyed out

I am trying to use a 4K TV with my surface pro 7. my problem is that when I change it to be the main display all options are greyed out so I cannot see what resolution it is set to, and it is not 4k.

When I change the settings so that the TV is used as an extended monitor the resolution is 4K, so I believe It is not a hardware problem.

***Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers***

Hello MarkusSte,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. We really appreciate all the efforts that you did just to raise this concern, from this the Surface will detect and give the best resolution for the output display, try to check it from the Surface itself because the Surface is the Primary display. I would like to verify it as well are you using a gold plated cord from the Surface to your External monitor ?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,                                                                                                                 
Jonas_T      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was able to change the resolution using "display adapter properties for display 2"

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MarkusSte,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. Thank you for your reply I am glad that you were able to resolved your concern if you don't have any more questions I will now closing this thread.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,                                                                                                                 
Jonas_T          

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MarkusSte,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. Thank you for your reply I am glad that you were able to resolved your concern if you don't have any more questions I will now closing this thread.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,                                                                                                                 
Jonas_T          
Solved

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 7, 2023 Views 1,273 Applies to: