2gb with 4gb ram in 2 different slot .. will it create problem ???

My pc contains only 4gb ddr3 ram on 2+2 on two different slots & I want to upgrade it to 2+4=6GB . So there will be 2gb in one slot and 4 gb in another slot . Will there be any problem because of the two different memory (I will buy the same frequency & same manufacturer ram ) . So one slot will contain 2gb and another slot will be contain 4gb will there be any problem on system due to the different memory size. 
My systm spec:
Mobo - asus m5a78l-mlx
Processor - amd phenom II X4 840
4gb ddr3 ram
Graphics - sapphire 7750 1gb ddr5

Plz help me plz plz ,,. .. .
Answer
Answer

Your M5A78L-M LX System Specs

System specs as shipped by the manufacturer.

Scan your system  to view your specific system configuration

DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-14900, DDR3 PC3-10600

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-14900, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)

Maximum Memory: 16GB

Slots: 2

Although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules.

How much memory your Windows OS will recognize depends on which version of Windows you are running. 32-bit versions of Windows will see (and utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. To utilize more memory, install a 64-bit version of your OS. More information about OS memory maximums can be found here.

Memory or DRAM is the "working" memory of the computer. It's used to store data for programs (sequences of instructions) on a temporary basis

Source: http://images.crucial.com/upgrade/ASUS-memory/ASUS+Motherboards/M5A78L-M+LX-upgrades.html

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 10,417 Applies to: