20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates.

I have an HP Omen Obelisk using Win10 Home, an Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 16GB of Ram, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD and my wife has and HP Envy Laptop using Win 10 Home with Intel Core i7, 500 Gb SDD and 12 Gb Optane Mem . We both are on Version 2004  OS Build 19041.572 and all our updates including optional driver updates have all been installed and nothing is pending. Since the announcement that 20H2 is now available to those that seek it by manually checking for updates in settings I am not finding it for both computers and I have been checking everyday. I am not getting any errors when I do but it says I am up to date. We are not having any problems with getting updates on our computers as I just got a  NVIDIA driver update and we both have gotten HP updates as well in the last several days. My question is should it not be there to download and install and when will it be released to all users as a regular update? I do not want to jump through hoops to get it by using the Media Creation Tool to either use ISO file or the tool or use the Update Assistant Software or download the Enablement package. I would just like to get it normally. Maybe I should just wait until it shows up in my updates would be best. What is your opinion.

Regards,

Don

Answer
Answer
Hi! My name is Anderson Souza. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, I'll be glad to help you today.

In the link below you will find some new information about the distribution process of the new update.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/202...

However, my advice is that you always wait for availability through Windows Update. I have also always been very impatient with these Windows upgrades, and I never had the misfortune to find any new bugs after an upgrade, but it has occurred to me for example, to try to update using the Media Creation Tool, only to find out during the installation that I would have problems with some drivers if it continued. So I waited until Windows Update released the update for me and everything went smoothly.

I hope this information is helpful. please keep me updated on the status of this issue. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to help you.

If the suggestion helped you, you can also help other users with questions similar to yours, just click "Yes" in the question "Did this solve the problem?"

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 8, 2021 Views 2,034 Applies to: