2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4537762) - Error 0x80070002

My computer shows this error

2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4537762) - Error 0x80070002

How can I solve it?

Hello,

I'm your Independent Advisor for today. I know this can be frustrating, but don't worry. I'm here to figure this out for you.

There are many causes to consider when working with Windows Updates, and we need to pinpoint which is causing the problem.

You can try renaming the software distribution folders:
1. In the search box on your taskbar, search for cmd
2. Select Command Prompt (with the option Run as Administrator) from the results.
3. At the Command Prompt, type the following commands one at a time. After each, select Enter. Let the command complete before typing the next command.

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak

ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

net start bits

net start wuauserv

4. Once done, close the Command Prompt window and restart your computer, then try installing the updates.

You can refer to the link below for other steps you can try:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/408983...

You can also do an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 version 1909 without affecting your files and apps:

1. Download and create your Windows 10 ISO by clicking "Download Tool Now" and following the steps in this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

2. Locate and right-click the ISO file, then click "Mount".
3. Go to File Explorer and open the virtual drive where the ISO is mounted. It's usually labeled "ESD-ISO".
4. Open setup.exe and follow the on-screen steps.

This process might take a while. Once it's completed, check if you have the latest version of Windows 10.

Please keep me posted.
----------
Indomitable. Unyielding.
Stay home. Wash your hands.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2021 Views 6,162 Applies to: