2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887) failed to install with error 0x800f0982

Hello, my windows 10 LTSC 2019 keeps failing to install the latest update KB4482887 with error code 0x800f0982. I had tried download it from windows update catalog and installed manually, but result in the same error. I google the error code but can't find much useful information about it. My current system version is 17763.316.

I had run sfc /scannow and it says all my system files are fine. Nothing is corrupted.

I had tried running the windows update troubleshooter and it cannot identify the problem.

I had tried stop and restart windows update service and clean files in SoftwareDistribution folder but still no luck.

What is the reason for this failure, and what is a proper fix to this problem?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Mine updated without a hitch unlike the last update.

If you ran sfc /scannow and it found nothing, did you try running Update again?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi NewInfo_281,

Please also post this information over on the Feedback Hub. You will have a better chance for a MS Engineer to see it. 

Good Luck...

And I hope this helps...

Sorry this didn't help.

Sfc only checks & repairs original OS files/folders,youre event is probably a simple fix..Have you installed & run the Microsoft Media Creation tool,v1803 might help.If all is ok,then in run or cmd type: appwiz.cpl

In add/remove open Windows components/services L.sub menu.Check all for .NET  edit others,exit when thru,restart pc..Next,download kb890830  from catalog,once thru,open control-panel,Windows defender/HELP/check for updates,run defender..After,open cmd,type: services.msc  Scroll down to Windows Installer,double click,set to Auto Start,Start service,exit,do same for Win Modules,then any other service that is set to Disable,at least reset it to Manual run

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=Windows%2010%20&%20windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86&ac=4

The above link might help,but if you follow list above,you should be fine....

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello NewInfo_281,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Try installing 'KB4482887' manually using Update Catalog:

https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helping Windows users, since 2010 · Please remember to mark replies as answers, if they helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem on update KB4482887, and went through this issue on the cumulative 2019-02 KB4486553 update today and that wouldn't install - Spent 2-3 hours messing around it and tried various things -- finally I had to delete all the folders/files in the Windows\SystemResources folder and it worked.

I tried the delete in the WIndows\SystemResources folder and did not work on the KB4482887.  Does Microsoft actually test these installs or do they just push them out to waste everybody time?  I just went through this in Oct 2018 on another update that Microsoft eventually pulled because it was so screwed up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello NewInfo_281,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Try installing 'KB4482887' manually using Update Catalog:

https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

I have mentioned this in the original post. No it won't install, and gave the same error code.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem on update KB4482887, and went through this issue on the cumulative 2019-02 KB4486553 update today and that wouldn't install - Spent 2-3 hours messing around it and tried various things -- finally I had to delete all the folders/files in the Windows\SystemResources folder and it worked.

I tried the delete in the WIndows\SystemResources folder and did not work on the KB4482887.  Does Microsoft actually test these installs or do they just push them out to waste everybody time?  I just went through this in Oct 2018 on another update that Microsoft eventually pulled because it was so screwed up.

I my case KB4486553 installed without any issue.

Just to be sure, is the update KB4482887 still failing after you delete everything in the "Windows\SystemResources" folder?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NewInfo_281,

Please also post this information over on the Feedback Hub. You will have a better chance for a MS Engineer to see it. 

Good Luck...

And I hope this helps...

Well I am running the LTSC version, which cannot run all the Windows store Apps. So it seems that Feedback Hub is not available for me ......

Sorry this didn't help.

CorrectKB4482887 still fails after cleaning out "Windows\SystemResources" folder

KB4482887 is bigger update too it's the cumulative Windows 10 update versus KB4486553 which is just the .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2, which is quick once I got it working by cleaning out "Windows\SystemResources" folder.

I can remember back to Windows 7 days - ran into the same issues with Windows Update not working - got so bad, I just turned them off indefinitely, got so tired of the BS - went for  4-5 years with no problems too, now I bought a new machine in November 2018 Windows 10 and back at this again.  Insane.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, my windows 10 LTSC 2019 keeps failing to install the latest update KB4482887 with error code 0x800f0982. I had tried download it from windows update catalog and installed manually, but result in the same error. I google the error code but can't find much useful information about it. My current system version is 17763.316.

I had run sfc /scannow and it says all my system files are fine. Nothing is corrupted.

I had tried running the windows update troubleshooter and it cannot identify the problem.

I had tried stop and restart windows update service and clean files in SoftwareDistribution folder but still no luck.

What is the reason for this failure, and what is a proper fix to this problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 30, 2020 Views 5,634 Applies to: