192.168.1.1 Won't Connect On Windows 10 Computer Or Edge Browser. Why ?

so i have a Windows 10 & a mac computer & i am trying to access the Linksys Router admin page Using my 4 Years Old linksys Router. Everytime i try to do it on windows 10 it fails But somehow it Works on mac computer using safari browser. Now my mac computer is gone for few days & i need to Login to the router to make some adjustments ...Please Help 
Hi amitSingh_121,

I am an independent advisor and I am hoping I can help you out today.

Have you tried to use a different browser?

If so, you may have an entry for 192.168.1.1 in what is called the hosts file

To check this, please open Notepad by going to the Start menu, and typing "notepad". When Notepad shows up, right click on it and select "Run as administrator".

This will open Notepad in an elevated privilege mode where the file can be edited.

From Notepad, go to File > Open and open:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

Please see if there are any entries in here that relate to 192.168.1.1

Another possibility is to try navigating to https://192.168.1.1 in case http://192.168.1.1 does not work.

Good luck! Please let us know if this is helpful, and reply if you are still unable to access it.

Regards,
-Ashton

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I think I had this Kind of Problem With My Windows Machine Too However I did Not have mac computer at that time So I was Stuck to Fix the Issue With In Windows. 

Truthfully this Not Windows Or Mac Problem Its Just a technical Glitch that can be remedy By Steps Given Below - 

• Make sure You are connected to Router Using Ethernet Or Wireless Connection While trying to access the router Using 192.168.1.1 default ip. 
  • Also, Look at the back of Bottom Of Your Router for Default Login credentials & Make Sure 192.168.1.1 is the default ip for Your Router.
  • Reset the Browser or Remove cache memory of the Browser to Try & check With New Settings.
  • Try a Different Internet Browser if your current One Won't Work. 

Hope this Helps 

42 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2024 Views 34,041 Applies to: