Surface Pro 4 & Type Cover Problems

Please be patient as this has a history...

My question I hope is simple.  I purchases a Surface Pro 4 right when they came out and also purchased the new Type Cover to go with it.  I also purchased the hub so as to use it as a desktop with 2nd monitor.  Everything worked great until about last Christmas/New Years.  When I folded up the cover and unhooked hub, the external mouse and keyboard, I noticed that the type cover did not light up as usual.  Shut down and start up fixed.  That evening same problem.  Shut down did not fix the problem.  I had to do the 10 second power button shut down with the 10/15 second start up with power and volume+ buttons.  That worked.  Happened again, did the same troubleshooting...and it happened again.   After that I:

...cleaned connections as instructed on this website

...did another forced shutdown

...did another power and volume+ start up

...uninstalled keyboard (it will reinstall but never worked)

...tried updating driver

...my computer is set to auto update so my system is always up to date...however I did try that as well.

...backed up computer and did a fresh start....no luck

...did a complete reset. Still nothing

Called Microsoft because both pieces were under warranty.  Had a crazy idea while going through troubleshooting with agent on phone.  Tried my son's pro 3 type cover.  It worked!  Microsoft agent then assumed that it would be logical that my type cover was giving the problems given everything I've tried.  New cover came in the mail...sent old one back.  Worked on and off for a week, then stopped.  As of this time both my type cover and computer went out of warranty.

I've tried two more full resets.  Nothing works at all.  I've also gone through the suggested line-up of instructions with no-luck.

Is it at this point that I send it in or is there something that I've overlooked?

Thank you for any help.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2019 Views 315 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Your only option is an exchange at this point. Sorry.

>>Problem not fixed

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.