Anyway to make the sound louder?

I have it maxed at the settings and deleted Skype. I ran the same YouTube video on  a Nexus 7 side-by-side and it is about 25% louder. BTW, Nexus7 loaded all 4 videos I compared 3 times faster

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2018 Views 52,256 Applies to:
Answer

Hi NoBoundaries.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you enabled all of the enhancement options in Speaker properties? If not, I'd recommend making those adjustments.

We do appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to our product team.

Please let us know if there are any further questions we can help you with.

To select enhancements:

1. Swipe in from right edge, for Charms

2. Tap or click Search

3. Type "volume"

4. Tap or click Adjust System Volume

5. Tap or click Speaker icon

6. Select Enhancements tab

7. Check each item according to preference.

39 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hi Danieleyassu,

The tablet is a lightweight device and not really designed as a powerhouse device. Most tablets are assumed to be a personal device and not really meant to be shared with lots of people. Therefore, it won't really be that loud as compared to a laptop or desktop PC, especially considering the ultra slim form factor of our tablets which, IMHO, also makes our devices look "sexy."

However, I find my sound to be sufficient on my Surface RT Tablet as long as I'm not in a noisy location. If I am, I simply use my earbuds or headphones. Even so, last night my two daughters watched/listened to several Dr. Seuss' books/apps on my tablet where it Auto Reads the story to them and they used the tablet's speakers to listen. Of course, at the time, it was quiet in the room (we had to turn off the radio).

There have been times when I wanted more output, maybe some background music at a dinner party, and I've used a 3rd party speaker with self-amplification (it is self-powered) which helped to fill the sound gap.

I hope this helps!
David
Windows 10 ... upgrade your world!

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.