Bluetooth Audio, connecting devices to Surface RT

I am having a problem with my LG Soundbar that I Bluetooth enabled.  I have added the device to my Surface RT, but it always comes up as offline.  I have gone through the troubleshooting techniques, uninstalled the device, restarted the device, etc...still nothing.

It does not show as being unsupported like my printer, but that's another issue! 

I have to say, I have an iPad, and well, it just works....I click connect on my iPad, and boom, it works perfect, I hate to knock the Surface RT, it is a great productivity tool, but come on, why is this difficult to add and connect to a simple device?

While I am at it though, the touch keyboard..I sometimes use the trackpad, and while moving my mouse the volume mutes?

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this devise to anyone based on it being just too complex and buggy to use, it cannot connect to some basic peripherals!

Derek

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2019 Views 22,090 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Search audio fix on surface. Device was not set. My issue happened when I played a Bluetooth speaker as well. Problem solved.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

After having a Surface exchanged for that very reason, then having the problem come back on the new one, that I had to reset again just  after I finished the configuration (so frustrating)- I found the solution: problem started when I connected a new monitor with HDMI connection. The HDMI took over the sound, so I had to go to Control Panel-Hardware and Sound- Sound-Change System Sounds- Sound-Playback and set the default to Headphones.  Now if the headphones are plugged in they are automatically recognized !

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.