Build 1803 and BSOD with Intel SSD

I just got a SP 2017 at Best Buy. I returned the first one cuz after she updated to build 1803 I could not escape BSOD's. I returned her after a few days and the new one has the same thing. I restored back to the 1709 she came with and will try not to let her update until a new update supersedes the 1803 mess. I also could not get the update downloads to easily complete without running the fix it troubleshooter and/or just rebooting. A real mess if you ask me. I love the SP 2017 but hate the updates and really hate a BSOD at work in the middle of helping a client.. Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2018 Views 5,413 Applies to:
Answer
I could not complete the update.  They are evidently still blocking the Intel SSD from updating.  There is conflicting information on the thread from MS in this forum and what is out on the support site regarding the fix for the 1803 update.  The Support Site says it will be available May 25th whereas this forum states it is immediately available.  I am going to wait and see what next week brings 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

My surface has an intel ssd. It may be related to this issue: Devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series may crash and enter a UEFI screen after reboot when upgrading to Windows 10 April 2018 Update

eljeffe58,  is yours an intel ssd?

5/23 Edit: This issue is resolved in KB4100403 (OS Build 17134.81).

To get Windows 10, version 1803, we encourage you to wait until the update is offered to your device. Starting May 25th, if you’re an advanced user on an actively serviced version of Windows 10 and would like to install Windows 10 version 1803, you can manually check for updates. In the Search tab, type “Settings”. On the Settings page, navigate to Update & security > Windows Update > click “Check for updates”, which will include this resolution.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.