New Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth 4.0 or 4.1?

Just brought I surface Pro 16GB, 512GB mem,

The description on the website states Bluetooth 4.1, however the box for the surface states 4.0 and the HCI number for the Bluetooth module 6.33536 which also indicates to me that it is version 4.0.

I have looked at stores that also sell the Surface and some say 4.0 and others say 4.1. I have also spoke to a number of Microsoft agents and technical people and I have had conflicting answers. 

Thus my question is:

What should the specification be?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

We're glad to know that you've got such a keen attention to detail on the latest product that we have released. To ensure that you'd be getting the right, and most up to date, Surface Pro specifications, you may refer to this article. All of our new Surface Pro devices ship with identical functionality supporting Bluetooth.

Since Bluetooth 4.1 certification was still outstanding when the first of the boxes were printed, those early boxes may state 4.0. While newer boxes now state 4.1, there has been no change to the actual device inside.

Update: We are aware of an issue where a section of the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio adapter device driver details does not list the supported Bluetooth version correctly. The issue is simply with the version being reported on the screen and does not affect actual functionality. We are working to address.

Should you need more information, please feel free to respond.

Regards.

Mod Edit: Marking as answered to raise visibility.

10 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 4,646 Applies to: