Surface Pro 7 Pen - Can't draw in the middle of the screen

Help!

My Surface Pro 7 which is 8 months old cannot identify Pen input in the middle of the screen.

I tried drawing multiple times but somehow the middle of the screen is not getting drawn. I have uploaded a video on youtube showing the issue.

Video of the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmL9wkgJOqg

Windows 10 Spec as below.

Hi maverick1979,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your inquiry. 

Your Surface Pen is using the touch screen capability of the device. This maybe a touch screen driver issue. We suggest performing the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:

• Run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check for Windows Update.

• Open Device Manager then go to Human Interface Devices > look for "Uninstall HID-Compliant Touch Screen" > Right-click on HID-Compliant Touch Screen > Uninstall (if you're seeing two HID Compliant Touch Screen, Uninstall the two drivers).

• Under Human Interface Device, Right-click on Intel(R) Precise Touch Device and select Uninstall.

• After uninstalling the drivers, make sure to Restart the device to give the drivers a refresh.

• Boot the device to UEFI and use this link to know how to go to UEFI. Touch the area where the pen isn't working. 

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Kind regards,

John Neil_J

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2020 Views 23 Applies to: